As one grows up, you make some friends, lose some friends, fight with some and party with some. For quite a long time, I held a notion that once a friend always a friend. I wouldnt even classify people as being friends, acquaintances, colleagues. Most of them were my friends.
But life's experiences have taught me otherwise. I realise that friendships dont last for ever, there is hardly such a thing called forever. If there is, you should consider yourself lucky. In the last few years, I have had my share of friendships which went awry, people I faught with, people I held grudges against.
But as time passes by, at times you do miss your old friends, old times.
This particular scene from Dil Chahta Hai always stands out in my mind. I would see the scene and wonder, if the people whom I have lost touch with in my life, people who have faught with me, people whom I have faught with, do they ever remember me ? Do they get nostalgic about the old times as I do ? Will I ever be able to meet some of them again ? Will we be friends again ? Or is this scene very filmy ?
Guess what, it is not so filmy, you do patch up with your old friends, you at times let bygones be bygones. I have had just 1-2 such experiences and consider myself to be lucky !!! :)
But I still think its very difficult to patch up after a major showdown and it happens only and only if the intentions are there on both the sides.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sleDFrWsIlE
Friday, July 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very often, the people that you still call your friends, irrespective of whether you are still in touch or not, are the people you bonded with as a child often in school. Because then we made friends without contemplating their future use to us. We were secure in our worlds and all we needed was a friend. Not a companion, not a crying shoulder, not a contact, not a network but just a friend. We believed that the world was full of good people and nobody had a hidden motive. And that trust lasts a lifetime. As we grow up, mostly we just make contacts, or networks... but very rarely friends... because that requires the ability to trust without reason... the skill that we lost so long ago.
As for patching up, it's like a wound. It heals over time, but if it was a severe one, the healing will be long drawn and will leave a scar behind. And an itch or a piercing pain that often returns in winters or rains
Post a Comment