Monday, June 15, 2009

With great power comes great responsibility

As kids we are taught to care for others, respect others and always help others. But as I have grown up over the years, I have at times been hurt by people, hurt by their actions/in actions. I used to wonder, why do others have to behave in such a manner that hurts me, dont they realise that their behaviour is at times rude, at times hurting me ?
Then I happened to read the above phrase, with great power comes great responsibility. And I realised, many a times, I as an individual (may be due to my immaturity) am unable to comprehend the future or the possible outcomes of some of my near term childish behaviour and it is left to others to guide me/reprimand me for my actions, which at times is painful.

I have realised that at times one has to do things which we know may hurt others and at times hurts us also, but as they say, we have to swallow the bitter pill at times just coz in the long run it is good for us.

Diwakar : I need your help to fix this blog :(..I couldnt write more

1 comment:

Thab said...

This is one topic that can take multiple dimensions or evoke multiple emotions. To start with, my grandma always told one thing… do whatever in life but किसी की हाय मत लेना... and that was my guiding light for a long time. As I waded through the stream of life passing through different phases, (as we all do) I noticed that even though I tried and wished, I could not always keep everyone happy. Sometimes knowingly, other times unknowingly, I did break a few hearts and in turn was at the receiving end of their हाय. Was sorry at first, then accepted the fact that I am going to hell anyway. It is always painful when you hurt someone you love so deeply and can’t do anything about it. But looking back, I get a feeling that perhaps, given the circumstances, it was one of the best things to do at that time. As Bhatwat Geeta quotes… you can only control your actions, not their outcome. I don’t know what hell or haven awaits me beyond the sunset boulevard but … we will cross that bridge when we get there

PS: Graham Green writes somewhere in his novel, “Heart of the matter”… Somehow the people we love the most, we end up hurting them the most.