A very small blog, more of a rejoinder to the cinderella story, many a times it so happens that we take others opinion very seriously and that too selectively.
Say, there is a colleague of mine in the office, and he happens to give me some feedback. The feedback has some -ve pointers and some +ve pointers. He says that you are an honest person, hardworking but at the same time you are selfish and a jealous person.
Chances are that I will ignore his positive comments and only take the negative ones to heart. I will presume that she was bluffing when he mentioned the +ve points, how can she know that I am an honest person so fast, maybe she wants a promotion hence she is praising me, I am sure she doesnt know me that well to point out that I am a hardworking person.
But, yes I surely must be a selfish person, the other day I didnt ask her for lunch, maybe I refused some her requests to help, hence I might be a selfish person.
The point is that the same person giving +ve feedback, we dont accept, but we are easily able to accept the -ve feedback !!
Due to insecurity/lack of confidence ?? I would say forget the -ve and only accept the +ve ones :)
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment