Friday, May 22, 2009

Thanks for being there

They say, everyone comes into your life for a purpose. Some times you meet some people and you never really know why did you meet them in the first place and then well there are some whom you can never really have enough off.

Lets talk of the 2nd ones..I am sure we dont want to talk abt people whom you regret meeting in the first place.

These folks, enter your life unknowingly, and slowly become a part n parcel of your life. Now that I have given enuf of lecture, back to topic.

One can easily recognise the 2nd types, they never give up on you, even when you are out, your chips are out, they will egg you on. Something like what I had put in the nagging rights, they will keep nagging you until you reach your goal, it can be anything, completing your project deliverables on time, finding that elusive job and who knows finding happiness as well.

For these people out of sight is out of mind doesnt hold good, rather it is more of the absence makes the heart grow fonder.

If you are someone who has had a pink slip given, they will not only advice you, but help you review your cv, and if its your lucky day help you find a job as well :).

If you are someone who is a lazy person, they will keep nagging you until you give some certification, if not for anything just to keep them from nagging !!

If you are someone who is a big spend thrift, they will be there to keep your expenses under check so that you dont have to apply for chapter 11 !!!

Above all, they will be positive and hopeful of your success when everyone else is spreading a message of gloom and doom.

What would I not do to have such a friend, unfortunately such people I think are far and few in between.. And rather than being skeptical, trying to analyse, why is x so worried about me, I think we should rather be thankful of having such a well wisher even if he/she is there only for a short while.

PS: I would love to know your experiences as well

1 comment:

Thab said...
This comment has been removed by the author.