If we imagine the scene where Rakhi meets Amitabh in Kabhi Kabhi for the first time say after 15-20 years. I can explain the situation in detail, but just to avoid writing the cliched bit.
For the uninitiated, she saw him at the airport, at first she thought it must be someone else, but then there was no mistaking, it was him, talking away on the phone, in a rush to catch his flight. Then he saw her, waved to her and started walking over to her side.
She wanted to say, hi, it is so good to see you after so long
How has life treated you in the last two decades?
How is your wife, how are your kids?
You are looking just like you did 2 decades back when we were in college
No change at all, but I see that you have put on a bit of weight
And that beard of yours, since when did you start having one?
Where are you working these days? Must be holding directorships in various companies.
Did you manage to buy your dream house in Kashmir, how about the yearly holiday trips to Venice.
I am doing well too, I have 2 kids, and both are studying in the US.
I have been working with xxx and have become the MD of the company
Not even in my wildest dreams had I expected to meet you like this.
At times she had tried to visualise having a chance encounter with him, maybe at some cinema, some gathering and half expected him to just walk past her, not even recognising her.
She had never expected him to call on her in such a casual manner and talk to her.
It is so good to see you. I thought I would never meet you again. If only,
So many questions, but all she could say was how are you doing? Plain and simple words. If only silence could speak.
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment