A blog after long time folks..I was on holiday guys..
coming back to the topic..."i am an introvert"
I just want to use this example to bring out a point.
Everyone of us have behaviourial traits, extrovert, introvert, outgoing, jovial, moody, short tempered, etc.
I for one used to say many a times, to many people that I am an introvert, I dont talk much to people (I know some ppl may find this to be false), I take time to open up to people, etc.
And I mentioned the same to someone..and here is the explanation I got,
He asked me what does an introvert mean ? An introvert is a person who likes to keep things to himself, and when you declare it openly that you are an introvert, you are not acting upto the word.
And I know for a fact, that I do talk to some/selective people and not all the people. He further mentioned that as a child was I born with this trait. Did i talk to some people and not all when I was young.
This habit had been acquired by me over a period of time. Why did i acquire this habit? This is something I need to think.
And gradually his words did sync in.
I realised that as a child no one is different, all children have the same traits, then why over a period of time I started talking less. I realised, my encounters with some people were not good, maybe they hurt me in some way, and my way of retaliating was to not talk to strangers or newcomers. But to talk only to people I became comfortable with. I wasnt something I was born with, it was something I had become.
Now I am changing that habit of mine and have started talking to strangers/new people a little more than what I used to before.
this logic holds true for a lot of our behaviour, fear of talking, short tempered, stage fright, etc. Generally there is some incidence hidden in our past which unknowingly changes our behaviour before we even realise and then we think this is how we are !!!
So guys, you too can change yourself, just think who you are and the reason for that.. you will find your answers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment